Favorite Things of 2015: Volume 1
with Feed The Beat artists!
It's safe to say that 2015 has been a C R A Z Y year for everyone here at Feed The Beat - in all the best ways! We welcomed 200 new artists to the program, got to watch tons of awesome bands in so many awesome cities, we threw three intimate parties with Pandora Radio, celebrated the first ever Taco Bell pop-up container store in Austin... we could keep going, but we'll wrap it up by reiterating it's been a CRAZY awesome year.
So as we start to close the book on 2015 and look towards an exciting 2016, we talked to a bunch of our Feed The Beat friends about what their highlights of the last year were. This the first of six celebratory lists, with over 30 artists dishing on their faves. Take a look, take notes, and enjoy!
Big Wild's Five Favorite Things
1. My family and friends for being there when things have gotten stressful or hectic this year.
2. Touring consistently for the first time and playing festivals!
3. Traveling all around the country to places I had never been before and meeting new people.
4. New music from Tame Impala, Jamie xx and Mura Masa.
5. Best avocados I've ever had were this season.
Kevin Maida's Five Favorite Albums
Surf, Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment
Imbue, The Early November
Milk, Better Off
Peripheral Vision, Turnover
Painted Shut, Hop Along
Microwave's Five Favorite Things
photo via Mimi Hong
1. Wrecking Ball
2. Narcos (the Netflix Show)
3. Sunshine Redux, Jackson Scott
4. Good Graphics, Rozwell Kid
5. How to Treat the Ones You Love, Donovan Wolfington
Sun Club's Five Favorite Things
1. The film Me Earl and the Dying Girl
2. The film Room
3. Season 2 of Fargo on Fox
4. Season 5 of Game of Thrones on HBO
5. Ryan Gosling hosting SNL on December 5th
The Suffers' Five Favorite Things
1. Black Messiah, D'Angelo
2. To Pimp a Butterfly, Kendrick Lamar
3. Bean Boozled (the best/worst jellybean game ever)
4. Spoiled Brats by Simon Rich
5. Choose Your Weapon, Hiatus Kaiyote
Stay tuned through December for more Favorite Things from Feed The Beat artists!